Friday, September 17, 2010

This Is Not A Post

Posts should have, you know, original content. Lists don't count, especially when they're just videos. BUT this is for me: generally, whenever I find myself spinning my wheels and staring at the blinking cursor as it mocks me relentlessly for not putting anything new down for over ten minutes, I resort to watching dance scenes from movies from youtube. So I've collected them here and now I can just go to this list! Hooray!

This is also for Sarah, who I know does the same thing. Feel better, babe!


Dancing in the Movies: A Montage
Masterfully done. I especially like the usage of Airplane!




Seven Brides For Seven Brothers - The Barn Dance
I have no idea why I love this movie so much. The plot is pretty deplorable - can't get a woman? Kidnap one! She'll fall in love with you eventually! But still, I watch this movie every time it comes on TCM, at least until this scene. Once of my favorite dances ever.




Bye Bye Birdie - Bye Bye Birdie & Reprise
I love the differences in the two Ann Margaret puts into play - so childish in the first one, and so grown up and over it in the second. Bye now!




Xanadu
If you ever find yourself in a conversation with someone who doesn't know what Xanadu is, do NOT engage. Just back away slowly from the conversation until you've arrived at a safer topic. This shit is not something you can just explain with words.

Earth Girls Are Easy - 'Cause I'm A Blonde
This movie is...odd. But this is the best part.

Sister Act - Finale
Shut. Up.
Oh, also, "I Will Follow Him" is a much less creepy song when it's nuns singing about God as opposed to a woman in a supposedly healthy relationship.



Strictly Ballroom - Final Dance
I used to watch Dancesport on TV and wish I could dance like that. Now I know it's pretty much a lost cause, but I still love this movie. My favorite part of this, though, is when everybody gets on the dance floor to 'Love is in the Air.'




The Drew Carey Show - Windy, Brotherhood of Man, Cleveland Rocks
I loved this show in the beginning, when it wasn't afraid to do weird things like have the entire cast do a Broadway production in the middle of everything. Also, the first time I ever saw the Windy scene, I was crying I laughed so hard.

Windy

Brotherhood of Man



A Knight's Tale - Golden Years
I will defend this movie until I die. Heath Ledger, Alan Tudyk, AND Paul Bettany. Seriously, you can't beat that.



Charlie's Angels - Sam Rockwell Dancing
Guh.



Enchanted - How Does She Know
You know, for a Disney princess movie, I totally didn't see this coming at all. I'd seen the commercials and I figured there was the bit with her singing but then finding out that people DON'T burst into song in the real world. Instead, this happened. Much more awesome. Also, I've been to this fountain, like, eight times. How come shit is never going down when I'm there?



Clerks 2 - ABC
On the other hand, who the fuck saw this coming?




500 Days of Summer - You Make My Dreams
God, I love this song.




2010 Emmys - Opening Scene
Now I'm actually pissed I missed this year, just for this six minutes I have no idea existed until ten minutes ago. Easily my favorite part of this is that I love watching actors from different parts of TV working on something together. Also, Jon Hamm is quickly joining Jude Law in an elite group of actors, where I care almost nothing about their serious acting but love every time they do comedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment